2012年12月20日木曜日

Leah Crocetto doing "Desdemona" in Italy!

"Oh, My!"

I was paging the December 5, 2012 Asahi newspaper and a woman in a picture caught my eye. "She looks familiar... Mmmm... ?" The image looks like Leah Crocetto, an Adler Fellow of San Francisco Opera. I skimmed the article and realized it's Leah! Her name is denoted in an Italian way, but I knew they were identical. She appeared more beautiful than a couple of years ago when I last saw her in San Francisco. I guess she must be getting better in applying makeup (I'm saying this seriously. I don't do makeup because I am not skilled at all!)

Apparently, she's doing Desdemona in Otello at Teatro La Fenice. She made an European debut. Congratulations, Leah!

Then, again, I saw another article with much bigger picture in December 12 Asahi Newspaper. It says that she's scheduled to perform Desdemona in Tokyo, April, 2013. I see Asahi Newspaper company is one of the event sponsors.


I checked Youtube in case any video clip of her performance had been uploaded, and my guess was right. I found it here! It's just like her singing: She sings with care; she, with care, puts a lot of her emotion into her singing and controls her projection with care. When she made an official debut in San Francisco, performing Liu in Turandot, I thought she'd be ready to challenge a bigger role in the near future but never thought of doing Desdemona. Considering her charactere, Desdemona is a good fit at this point of her performing life. By the way, her Liu was great and audience loved it. They gave her the biggest applause than anybody else during curtain call.

Kunde's voice is nice. I think he came to the San Francisco Opera but I was unable to go see him.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿